The Scorpion 2 by Snugpak ® is stalwart two-person base camp and expedition tent, when a semi- permanent camp is required.
The Scorpion design is a ‘Fly-first’ pitch tent that allows quick and easy set-up using an opposing pole design, protecting you all year round from severe weather, and can be pitched in difficult and remote areas.
A tried and tested favourite of Mountaineers, Climbers and Campers, the Scorpion 2 has an impressive floor space, creating ample room for two people in a top-toe sleeping arrangement also incorporates an ample front porch for storing equipment.
In an emergency the Scorpion 2 can accommodate six people sitting.
This angled- profile, easily pitched tent packs well, and has a trail weight of 2.24kg, using tried and tested DAC ® Aluminium Poles, so it doesn't take up valuable space in your pack.
For fast and light ventures, the tent design allows the components to be split between individuals. Ideal for four season, base camping & expedition use with the Softie® Osprey 15 Sleeping Bag.
A spacious two-person tent, the Scorpion 2 will shelter you from the worst four-season weather, with an impressive 5000mm Hydrostatic Head PU Coated Fly sheet, with taped seams and a No-See-Um Mesh Mosquito Net, to keep out the bugs in summer months and warmer climates. For expeditions and base camping, the Scorpion design is the perfect green, allowing you to fly-pitch your tent with minimal environmental impact to the surrounding areas, using an opposing pole system to form a spacious base- tent that keeps condensation build up to a minimum with multiple ventilation channels.
When ventures and expeditions last more than a few days, and with more people joining you, or if a semi- permeant camp is required, the Scorpion 3 has ten internal pockets for safe storage of every day items, allowing equipment to be at hand at the end of a long day, or over-night when creature comforts can be unpacked. The design also incorporates a hanging loop for lights and accessories once you have settled for the night.
Hydrostatic Head (HH) is a waterproof measurement of a Shelter’s material’s coating; most commonly a thin film of polyurethane finish is added to a material to create polyurethane laminate (PUL) referred to as a PU Coating. It is this coating that gives Snugpak® Shelters their waterproof & windproof properties.
Green Outer and Black Mesh Inner, Perfect for Base Camping Ventures & Expeditions.
• Single-point Front Entry with ample porch.
• Multiple Ventilation Channels.
• Lightweight, but robust, 210t Ripstop Flysheet with 5000mm Waterproof PU Coating.
• Lightweight 190t Nylon 5000mm Waterproof PU Groundsheet, Bathtub Style.
• Lightweight 190t Polyester Mesh Inner, with 50D No-See-Um-Mesh Mosquito Net.
• Waterproof Taped Seams.
• Ten Mesh Internal Pockets for equipment and head-end hanging loop (Five on each side)
• Three DAC® Featherlite NSL® Anodised Aluminium Poles, with press fit connections.
• Supplied with 18 Lightweight Alloy Cross-Stakes, with two-spares.
• Ideal for 4-season, basecamp ventures & expedition use with the Softie® Osprey 15 Sleeping Bag.
• Available in Olive Outer with Black Inner only
300cm(L) x 205cm(W) x 105cm(H)
210t Polyester RipStop pu with a 5000mm waterproof polyurethane coating
190t Nylon with Polyester Mesh